I’m on a white kick right now. I’m in love with this white nail polish: Wet n Wild French White Creme Love how opaque it is. Kinda modern and retro all at the same time. And for less than $1!
I also love my Bare Minerals Snowflake eye shadow. I’ve had this for years now and I’ve barely put a dent in it even though I use it about every day. I suppose if you caked it on you’d get an opaque look eventually, but I use it mainly to brighten up the inner corners of my eyes and just below the brow bone. It’s perfect.
I’m on the hunt for some cute white sunglasses. Like these. $14 is a deal I guess but as soon as I pay more than $10 for a pair of sunglasses I will lose them the next day. I stick to under $8 if I can. I broke my white sunglasses last summer and I’ve been pining for a pair ever since. I’d also like a cute white headband. Not a wedding looking headband though.
I’ve been partial lately to white home accents as well. I love my gnomes and owls from West Elm. It’s fun to take an everyday item and get it in all white.
I know that art is subjective. And I shouldn’t mock art, but I just had to show y’all this! I saw this painting on a wall in a restaurant and had to take a picture of it. Gigi and I were out to lunch and this was on the wall at our booth. So odd! Click to enlarge! Why does the man have a foot for a hand? How does he shoot his bow & arrows with his foot hands? How does he put in his giant earrings? Why doesn’t the baby deer have front legs? Why is the baby deer smiling in his/her sleep in such a creepy manner? Why is the woman sleeping and have claw hands? Did FootHands shoot her & the armless deer with his arrows? Has the woman ever put out anyone’s eye with that sharp ass elbow? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!
There was another painting on the other side of the restaurant that really perplexed us too but I’ll have to get a shot of that next time. It was a lady kneeling on the ground but they painted her toes hanging from her lady bits!
I’ve got my first Winter cold so I think I’m going to take the lazy way out on this post and use some bullets.
- Love the new WordPress Dashboard design!
- The preview to Nothing Like the Holidays bugs me because one of the characters says “They’re conversating.” Conversate is not a word! Neither is conversating!
- Went to bunco last night. I didn’t win any $$ but had a good time. We all brought a $5 gift card for a big swap. I went home with a Starbucks card that CSP promptly stole from me.
- Did I mention I’m sick? A girl showed up to bunco with a box of tissues, a cough that sounded like the croup, and a bag to hold her used tissues. I used hand sanitizer all night and washed my hands frequently but today I’m sick when I wasn’t yesterday. My Mom thinks it couldn’t have been from bunco, that it’s too soon, so that leaves my nephews as the culprits. Every time I see them it seems I end up sniffling in the next few days. Either way it’s not fun!
- All of my Christmas shopping is finished! Woot! And most of the boxes have arrived at the house. Another year of sucessful shopping without stepping foot in a mall. Thank you Lord for the internets!
- While shopping I made my yearly trip to Sephora.com to restock on my Bare Minerals. I love all the free samples Sephora sends, plus the free shipping. And of course I love my Bare Minerals. I have been loyal since I started using them 2 years ago. You might think it is pricey to pay $25 for a little jar of foundation but it takes me over a year to use that jar, my skin looks good, and it doesn’t even feel like you are wearing makeup! By the way, if any Bare Escentuals big wigs are reading this right now I wouldn’t turn down some freebies!
- My Dad got me started reading a new author. Well, he’s not new to the world, just new to me. Greg Iles. I’ve now read Mortal Fear and Dead Sleep. They were both really good. Like, snuck into the bathroom and read while sitting in my makeup chair at the vanity until 4am good.
- I’m going to try and finish, well, start and finish decorating for Christmas this weekend. I will also try and get a decent shot of the pugs for our Christmas cards. Wish me luck! Wrangling 3 squirmy pugs is not the easiest of tasks. I better get some more treats!
So, with all those trip report posts, 2 weeks of my life have flown by and not been blogged about. THE HORROR! What have I been up to? Well, I put away all the Halloween decorations, put out all the Thanksgiving decorations, then put away the Thanksgiving decorations. All in 2 weeks time. I really should have just skipped the Thanksgiving decorations. We’re having Thanksgiving at CSP’s parents’ house this year so I wanted a blank slate for when we got home so I could dive right in to Christmas decorating. So excited about that. I did some damage at Hobby Lobby’s after Christmas sale last year and I can’t wait to put up all the new stuff.
Momo came into town so I hung out all day with her and Gigi on Saturday. We went to see a movie so we stopped in to the Dollar Store for snacks before the movie. It was so hot in there I thought we’d die. We made it to the movie theatre and it was sweltering in there too! Then I had an idea. I have Activ-On in my purs for my arthritic knees. It makes them feel cool and tingly. So I thought, I’ll rub that on my forehead and it will cool me down! I’m a genius! So I rubbed it on my forehead and passed it to my mom. Gigi went all out and rubbed that stuff all over her forehead, her arms, the works. Two minutes later and we were ON FIRE. Apparently if you apply that stuff in a hot movie theatre your skin will burst into flames. It was like molten lava was eating its way into my brain! So now we’re really miserable, writhing around like a couple of worms on a sidewalk. Poor Momo in the middle wishing she had stayed at school so she wouldn’t have been stuck with 2 menthol smelling sweaty crazy women!
Thank you for all of your supportive comments and emails. I heart y’all. It is hard not to get into a funk when my father comes around. I try to rise above the funk, but it doesn’t always work. So, to try and keep positive I shall share with you a few things I’m loving right now (besides you).
- Kanye West and his new song Love Lockdown. I adore him. I think he’s incredibly talented. He’s always coming out with something new and different. He is also very funny without trying to be. The video is awesome too. Very clean asthethically. He was on Ellen and showed the video this week.
- Basic Instinct by Pure Romance. It’s this tiny little bottle of roll on cologne. They say it’s unisex but I doubt CSP would let me put any on him. It smells SO good. And it smells different on every person. So who knows what it would smell like on you? I loooove it. And I didn’t expect to. And isn’t that a cool surprise when stuff like that happens? It’s a little pricey for such a teeny bottle but you don’t use but a drop so it lasts a good while.
- Body Dew by Pure Romance. It’s this spray on body oil that is most effective just after your shower, while you’re still wet. It is doing wonders for my excema. It smells great, makes your skin so soft without being greasy, and gives it a, well, dewy look.
- Love On The Inside by Sugarland. Love Sugarland. Wonder how his wife feels about him being around cutie Jennifer all the time. Favorite songs on this album: Fall Into Me, Steve Earle (minus the talky part), Come On Get Higher, Genevieve, Already Gone. Great album for a road trip. Also think cover art would make a great tattoo!
- Hocus Pocus candles by PartyLite. My favorite October candle. When I unpacked all my Halloween decorations I was so excited to unpack these candles and get them lit. When they burn the liquid wax melts into this super cool yellowy neony green color. And they smell so good!
Got the Halloween decorations out today. I usually don’t start decorating until October 1, but I couldn’t help myself. I so love the next 3 months. Constant decorating. And I love pulling out the bins of decorations. Usually each year I hit the after holiday sales (note in this case the word holiday means any given holiday and not Christmas- my HUGE pet peeve. I just wanna ask stores “Oh, so this HOLIDAY wreath, is it appropriate for Easter? Flag Day? Which holiday?”), anyway, I usually hit the after holiday sales and pick up a couple of marked down items then immediately pack them away and forget about them. So today I was psyched to see that I had done that last year.
I’m hosting Bunco this month at my house on Thursday so I need to get everything put up and looking cute. We’ll have 20 players so I’m bringing in a couple of extra tables. My house might look like a church hall when I’m done, but it will be worth it. I apparently bought some party supplies last year. Woot! No need to run out this week for plates and napkins now.
I’m looking for some easy to make, no need to keep hot Halloweeny foods for Thursday. So any ideas are appreciated.
I’m bummed though, this year Halloween is gonna be cut short. As soon as the trick or treaters are outta here I’m pulling down all the decorations and packing them away that night. Cause at the crack o’ dawn the next morning we’re hitting the road for Florida and Lisa’s wedding cruise. This means no after Halloween clearance shopping this year. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our friends. 😉 I kid, I kid.
CSP is off for 2 days in a row this week so we’re painting the dining room. We’re starting out with builder white and going to a color called Dynamo. It’s a fun raspberry color. I’ll post pics once we get the chair rail up and stuff hung on the walls. I loooove the color and think it will go well with the lime color of the kitchen. CSP thinks it’s a little disco Barbie but I’m in charge of the inside. And he loves me. So disco Barbie it is.