When you adopt you have to provide a TON of very personal information to your agency, your case worker, the state, tons of people. It makes you take a very close look at yourself. I’d say I’ve always been fairly self-aware but lately I have started to notice that I have some weird tendencies.
- When I dab on my cuticle oil in my head I make this noise every time when I touch the brush to each nail. Banga, banga, banga.
- When I put on my makeup I host an infomercial in my head. I go through each step and help viewers with their day or evening looks. I provide valuable tips.
- I sing in the car. Loudly. And I swear to you, when I’m alone and singing with the iPod or radio, I sound fantastic. As soon as someone else starts listening I go completely tone deaf. It’s the darnedest thing!
I am also aware of my faults. I am:
- annoyed easily by stupidity (stupidity, not ignorance. Ignorance can be overcome by learning.)
- convinced that if people would just do what I say then they’d be much happier and better off in general.
- a bit lazy
- horrible at time management
I’m working on these things so I can be a good parent, but some are just ingrained in me because I am a classic textbook Leo. And you can’t fight the stars!
What are your little quirks?