I found the best little surprise in my mail the other day…these adorable note cards made by Sandy! I love them! Sandy, you totally need to sell the awesome cards you make! I’m such a sucker for note cards and stationary, especially cute ones like these! Thank you so much Sandy!
Today I went down to Papa & Gigi’s to celebrate Father’s Day. Momo, Sara & the boys were there too. I gave Papa his annual photo book. This gift is always a hit and always brings a tear to his eye. He loved it. I make one every year on my Mac, compiling my favorite pics of the family over the previous year. We looked at the book and had lunch. Then Momo had to go to work.
The rest of us went to go visit Gmommy at the nursing home. Zoe came with and was a big hit again. Gmommy just loves her. Calls Zoe her baby. So sweet! Gmommy’s new boyfriend Jerome stopped by her room while we were there. It was very cute. Jerome liked Zoe too. At one point Jerome straightened his collar and announced “Well, if we’re going to be eating out tonight we’d better get going.” He took Gmommy by the hand and the took off for the dining area. So cute! It gave us an easy escape too! We time our visits with meal times so when we leave Gmommy won’t get upset. Well with Jerome hanging around now, she’s all smiles!
We all went back to Papa & Gigi’s for swimming until it was time to go home. We had a big time in the pool with Jacob & Joey. Too bad my camera’s not waterproof!
Nanny bought me this cool plant and pot at IKEA while she was in town. I just love the way it looks on the half wall between the dining room and the living room. I hope I can keep it alive! I have a bit of a black thumb! *Ok, so just learned while finding the links for this plant that it is ideally an outdoor plant. Sigh.
Final story from the family visit. So, the night of the big dinner party I was busy cooking when Sara asked me for a phone book. I pointed to the cabinet where we keep them and went back to cooking. All the sudden I hear GASP! “I’m gonna tell Nanny what you keep with your phone books!”
Having your 86 year old Irish grandmother visit, along with your insane bio father, provides much entertainment. Add in a surprise visit from your 77 year old Irish great uncle, keep your 6 and 4 yr old nephews around, and your sides ache from laughing after a few days. Here are my favorite quotes from the last week: (and I use the word quote loosely. While I try to document each phrase as accurately as I can, I’m only human and not a tape recorder).
- Exchange that occurred just before dinner between my great uncle and bio father: BF- When Molly (Nanny’s pomeranian) dies she’s gonna leave me her hair in her will so I can have a full head of hair again. GU- Wait, didn’t you have some new hair sewn into your head a few years ago? BF- Yeah, I did. GU- Where did it go? Guess they didn’t tie the knots tight enough!
- BF to Nanny: Don’t you remember when i was almost decapitated and my scalp was laying on the hood of that woman’s car?
- Nanny: “….like Oprah and Al Bama.” My grandmother thinks our president’s name is Al Bama.
- Visiting teenager to me about Molly, my pug. – Why do her eyes bug out so much more than the others’?
- BF describing a snorkeling experience from a trip in January- And that seal swam right up to me. Got an inch away from my face, looked me right in the eye. He was afraid I was going to steal his women, you see.
- Cousin’s 4 year old son describing his pets- I got 2 good dogs and 1 bad dog. I got a red dog. Me- What’s his name? Cody- Rayud. (Red stretched out into 2 syllables with a serious Southern accent. CUTEST thing!)
- Nephew Jacob to my sister (his mom) when she told him she was cooking lasagna for dinner- Can’t we go to Aunt Shanny’s and eat her lasagna? Sara- You’ll like my lasagna. Jacob- Yeah, but I KNOW I like Aunt Shanny’s.
- Nephew Joey while admiring cousin’s 2 month old baby’s chubby arms- That baby’s got MUSCLES.
- Jacob & Joey standing in the bath tub. BF walks by- Why aren’t you taking your bath? Jacob- It’s too hot. Daddy’s trying to cook us!
- Nanny told us her favorite Irish joke- This nice Irish girl is dating a Scotsman. She asked him “What do you wear up under your kilt?” He said “Why don’t you put your hand up there and see for yourself?” She did, pulled her hand back and exclaimed “That’s gruesome!” He said “Put your hand up there again and it’ll gruesome more!”