Today Momo & I painted faces for the Chantilly Flutterfest. Three and a half hours of non stop little faces in our chairs asking for rainbows, hearts, and most surprisingly, snakes. I swear I’ve never painted so many snakes! My favorite request was a little girl who wanted me to paint a self portrait on the back of her neck. So sweet! I convinced her she did not need my big white head riding around on the back of her neck the rest of the day. She chose a snake instead. Smart girl. The Flutterfest was the cutest festival at a local elementary school. They set us up under a tent under a HUGE shade tree. Perfect! The weather was great too. Sunny but not too hot. And since we were in the shade I didn’t get any sun, thank goodness. We thought we had our lines under control at one point. Momo & I both had literally never ending lines from start to finish. We had to post a mom at the end of the lines to shoo kids away. Kinda felt bad about that. We would have gotten all the kids done earlier but the fire truck turned their hose up in the air and soaked all the children. That’s a lot of fun on a sunny day but guess what happens when water based face paint meets a fireman’s hose? Yeah, we had a bunch of water logged kiddos back in our line for round two! We had a great time and I hope they’ll hire us again next year! Oh, and by the way, got this job via Twitter! One of my tweeps tweeted that she was looking for a face painter and within 2 minutes I’d landed the job. Viva technology!
Monthly Archives: May 2009
Kind of a lot going on lately.
- Booked hotel & flight to Vegas, baby! So excited! CSP has Vegas programmed into the custom weather tracker thing on the tv. He checks it all the time. I’m like what’s to check? It’s constantly hellishly hot. Our room at the Paris is only $69 a night! Woot! You can’t even get the Hampton Inn here for that!
- My biological father & his mother, my Nanny, are coming for a 4 day visit in mid June. The planning of this trip has resulted in many, many, MANY phone calls. My Nanny is 86, never gives a straight answer, does not hear well or pay much attention to what you say, and probably makes stuff up. We’ve gone from her staying here to not to staying downstairs here to upstairs to staying at my BIL’s mother’s house. Who knows where she’s staying. Sara has the pleasure of hosting my father at her house. Better her than me, man. If you haven’t experienced the freak show that is my father…well, just wait for the pics & the stories of his visit. You may want to book your therapist appointment now. I know I am.
- Saturday Morgan & I are face painting at a school festival. I got this job via Twitter. Fun! Wasn’t trolling for jobs either. Just happened to read one of the tweets from someone I follow & now Momo & I will be making some extra $ while having a blast this weekend.
- I’m seeing my knee surgeon Monday to see if he’ll inject me with Synvisc One. It’s this cool new stuff for osteo arthritis sufferers like myself. They shoot it into your knee and it creates a cushion where my cartiledge used to be before arthritis ate it up. I’m praying I’ll be approved and can get it. I’d love to be able to walk around Vegas without pain. Cross your fingers!
- Took Zoe to the nursing home to visit Gmommy with Momo today. Got some really cute pics. I’ll share them after I show Gigi on Friday. Zoe was a rock star. Everyone loved her there! Well, except one moron woman who thought she was a bulldog and warned people that Zoe bites. Zoe has never bitten anyone in her life and how would Madame Moron know anyway? Whatever. All I know is Gmommy couldn’t get enough of Zoe and if it makes Gmommy happy then it’s a good thing.
- Papa & Gigi come home tonight from Arizona. They’ve been there since Saturday on an anniversary trip. They celebrate 3 years married on June 1, although they’ve been together over 10 years. They had breakfast in the same restaurant as Vince Vaughn! I can’t wait to see pics on Friday when I go visit.
- Speaking of Friday…CSP goes back to the dentist under the influence of Valium Friday morning for the 2nd attempt to fill his cavity. I really hope they can do it this time. Cross your fingers. He’s a big guy. I hope that Valium is a big pill!
I was in the living room when I heard a bit of commotion in the kitchen behind me.
CSP: Son of a bitch!
Me: Who are you calling a son of a bitch?
Me: Honey, you can’t call her a son of a bitch, she’s a girl!
CSP: Oh yeah. You’re right. Hmmm.
CSP: Son of a whore!
What I had for dinner last night:
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack of Ramen Noodles
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
Yeah. I need to go grocery shopping.
11 years ago today CSP & I became inseparable. This is how it happened… I have been friends with my BIL, Marc, since 1992. Our group of friends would go on a fun trip once a year or so. Well in 1998 we chose to take a 7 day cruise to the Southeast Caribbean. Marc, Jackie, Landon, Amy, Kevin, & I signed up to go. I got a bonus at work and my tax return so I went ahead and paid for my portion of the trip. (All these odd details become important later, I swear) Marc & Jackie were dating when we booked the trip, but as the date of the cruise got closer they broke up. Read the rest of this entry
After their bath we settled in to watch American Idol (recorded so I just zipped to the end to see Kris win. Yay!) then Taken. Taken was so good! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Especially when Molly fell off the arm of the sofa and slammed the lamp into the wall causing the glass globe thing to shatter! I about jumped out of my skin. Everyone’s fine and CSP jumped into action. He’s nothing if not good at Haz Mat clean up. Once everything calmed back down we were able to get back to watching Liam Neeson kick some ass.