Of course I watch the Real World. Every season I say I won’t, then I get sucked in. I know I may lose cool points from the precious little I may have, but I can’t help it.
I’ve noticed something though. I’m old enough to now say things like “kids these days”. Because when I was 20 it wasn’t the cool, normal thing to do to get drunk then kiss other girls. Every season seems to start out with all the people in the hot tub and the girls kissing like it’s nothing. So I’ve never kissed a girl. When I was 20 you just had a few then kissed whatever cute boys were around. Kissing girls never even came up. We also didn’t have many group showers, but maybe that’s a regional thing? I need to know the rules on this. If you’re straight and have a boyfriend and then you kiss a girl, did you just cheat on him? I’m all confused by kids these days! And did I miss out on something big here? Should I line up a girl for some kissing?
I’m running behind on my jewelry making and package mailing. So if I owe you earrings or packages or cds, they are coming! I’m hoping to get all caught up this weekend.
And, I don’t think I’m going to put out a 4th of July card this year with the pugs. I can’t find a card template I like, and I don’t want to use the same one I used last year. I’ll keep looking, but I’m seriously running out of time. Ike and Kea do have cute little patriotic neck gear to wear, but they also have some cute summer hats. Maybe I’ll just do a happy summer card. hmmmm.
Also, happy 3rd anniversary to Marc & Sara, my sister and brother in law! xoxo
You would think Ike & Kea don’t love each other the way they fight. Every day they are wrestling, chasing, rolling around. It’s a miracle they haven’t lost an eye!
We spent yesterday afternoon at my Mom’s grilling ribs and hanging by the pool with the family. Joey is still too young to be in direct sunlight, and pugs don’t swim, so they didn’t make it into the pool. But Jake had a good time and so did we. Morgan and I fashioned little Jake’s hair into a mohawk- I think it suits him! More pictures can be found here.
1. Had an interview with a mortgage company Friday. Arrived on time (yay!). Sat for 30 minutes answering questions like “Are you sure it was today?” and “What was your name again?” until they found my file. Then I was told my interviewer had a family emergency and wasn’t there. Can you come back Monday? Oy.
2. Stopped by Old Navy to replace flip flops Kea ate. Found all flip flops were on sale so stocked up. 4 pairs of flip flops and a cool tote for $16. Sweet.
3. Searched the aisles of Target for almost an hour looking for suitable water bottle for husband. He’s not a fan of the sport top. *We’d been refilling Deer Park water bottles until my sister Sara told me she read the plastic breaks down and you’re drinking it. Ew. Finally found suitable water bottle. Bought 2 so we’d each have one for our night stands. Also bought myself a sport top water bottle with freezy insert. Jon gets home and complains that he doesn’t have a sport top freezy bottle. Jeesh.
4. Did a happy dance upon finding Target had restocked the Jergens Natural Glow lotion. One day I will have a passable fake tan. Bought 2 bottles.
5. Tried on trendy peasant skirt and realized my body is not made for trendy peasant skirts. Had to pull waist band up to boobs so I could see my feet. Booty sticks out too far so back hem is shorter than front and it looks like I’m smuggling children under skirt. Became jealous of tiny girls who look so cute in flip flops, tank tops and peasant skirts.
6. Saw picture of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen on cover of magazine in Target and wonder why they are so sad all the time. They never smile in pictures.
7. Remembered 3 things I was supposed to buy at Target- on drive home.
8. Picked Shannon up for dinner. Met sweetest dog of her’s named Rascal.
9. Had great time at dinner at local Chinese restaurant I’d been wanting to try. Learned that some bartenders only know how to make one drink, even if they call it something different every time.
10. Went to Maggie Moos for dessert. Had fabulous chocolate cake batter ice cream. Whoever thought of mixing cake batter and ice cream is a genius.
11. Met up with friend Holly for linner (late lunch early dinner) today. Her daughter Asia joined us, as well as my Mom and Morgan. Holly, Asia and her husband are moving to Arizona (husband was transferred with job). Ate at Cheesecake Factory. Had fabulous time and laughed so much.
12. Just realized as I was typing #11 that I left Jon’s cheesecake in car. Yikes!
My dad called Friday afternoon and announced that he was coming up from Florida for a visit and that he was already in SC at my uncle’s house. He said he would drive up to my house Monday with my grandmother (Nanny). So on Monday Jon and I spent the day with my dad, Nanny, my sister Sara, and her two boys. We had lunch, toured Sara’s new homesite, hung out at her mother in law’s, and toured my house. Then Tuesday Sara and I drove down to my uncle’s to see my Pappy. Pappy is blind and wasn’t feeling up to the last leg of the trip up to NC. It was so good to see him. Bless his heart, I just can’t imagine how scary and frustrating going blind would be. He was glad to visit with us all. My uncle Kevin (the one who cut off his thumb last spring) came over to visit and brought his wife so it was a mini reunion. Pictures can be found here.
Our tiny little town is now home to a Starbucks! We feel so special, esp since my in-laws have been wanting a Starbucks in their much bigger town for years now. The building is so cute- very Tara with columns and ceiling fans and a big patio. So cute. It was pouring down rain and late at night so these pics aren’t as good as they could be-please excuse.