1. I was born on August 3, 1973
2. in Lakeland, Florida
3. I was named after the River Shannon by my grandmother who immigrated from Ireland.
4. I learned how to rollerskate by the time I was 2.
5. I haven’t skated in a long time.
6. I miss it and plan on starting up again soon.
7. I lived in Lakeland until I was 3 and we moved to SC.
8. We’d go to Disney every Sunday after church.
9. I’ve always been a prissy, girlie girl.
10. When I was little I was in the Little Miss Peach pageant.
11. My middle name is a combination of my parents’ names. Arlys + Paulette = Arlette.
12. I used to write country songs as a child and believed I could one day be a Mandrell sister and appear on Hee Haw.
13. As a child my grandmother had me convinced that I could be in the Miss America pageant and my talent could be designing greeting cards.
14. I believed her when she told me I could sing and not only tried out for (and made!) the school chorus but also entered the school talent show.
15. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket.
16. I also can’t dance. But that doesn’t stop me.
17. I sing way out loud in the car.
18. I know every word, including dialogue, of Grease 1 & 2.
19. My first job was working (under the table) at my uncle’s roller skating rink the summer I turned 13.
20. I’ve also worked at Taco Bell, a couple of grocery stores, a movie theatre, a clothing store, a sporting goods store, a pottery studio, an insurance company, and a mutual funds company.
21. My first kiss happened at my uncle’s skating rink.
22. I failed my driving test on my 16th birthday by pulling out in front of a truck.
23. I used to be a terrible driver and have been in quite a few wrecks.
24. Once I ran my car into an office building trying to turn around in a parking lot.
25. I have a birthmark on my left calf.
26. I have 5 tattoos- a sun/moon on my lower back, 3 ladybugs & a dragonfly on my right foot, the Hebrew word for three on my right foot, the initials of my sisters, my mom, and my initial on the inside of my left wrist, and 3 stars behind my left ear.
27. I think about getting more tattoos a lot.
28. I have 2 holes in my right ear and 3 in my left, but I only wear earrings in my bottom holes.
I sometimes wish I had a little nose ring. Just a tiny diamond stud. I got a nose ring, a tiny, diamond (fake) stud on my 39th birthday.
30. I have too many favorites to fill out those surveys- I don’t have just 1 favorite song or movie or book.
31. I don’t get embarrassed easily.
32. I lough loudly, and often.
33. My dream job when I was a kid was to be a cruise director or art teacher.
34. I met 2 of my best friends online.
35. I can’t imagine my life without them.
36. I’m constantly thirsty.
37. But it’s not a medical condition as far as they can tell.
38. I LOVE to travel.
39. I especially love to stay in hotels.
40. By the time I was 11 I’d been on a cruise to the Bahamas and on a month long trip to England and Greece.
41. I wish I could go back (esp to Greece) now that I’m older and would appreciate it more.
42. Cruising is by far my favorite way to travel.
43. I’ve been on 10 cruises.
44. A cruise is what brought me to meet Jon (he was invited to go on one with a group of friends and I before we met).
45. As of May 22, 2013 CSP and I will have been together for 15 years.
46. I love him more than anything and can’t imagine life without him.
47. It’s also hard to remember my love life before him.
48. We became engaged on August 27, 1999 and married March 3, 2001.
49. We honeymooned in Vegas.
I’d love to go back there one day. We took a trip back to Vegas for my birthday in 2009.
51. But I’m not a big gambler. I get bored too easily.
52. I’d rather play board games.
53. I hate to wear socks or hose.
54. I’m allergic to penicillin.
55. I love to read.
56. I read at least 2 books a week.
57. I’m pretty crafty.
58. I love to knit, crochet, paint, draw, scrapbook, decorate cakes and make jewelry.
59. I haven’t had much time to do any of that in quite a while.
60. I love to decorate.
61. I don’t like decorating each house I live in the same way. I like to mix it up.
62. I have a great long term memory, but my short term sucks.
63. I can speak a TINY bit of Spanish, Mandarin, & Greek. But not enough to get by in a foreign country.
64. I’ve lived in Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
65. But within those 3 states I’ve moved around a lot.
66. I went to 3 different high schools.
67. I loathe the heat and the hot summers but can’t imagine living very far from my family.
68. I love to plan and throw parties.
69. Especially themed parties.
70. But I always seem to have too much going on to have the time to throw many.
71. I’m a pack rat.
72. When I was 11 I broke both of my arms at the same time roller skating.
73. I could eat Chinese or Mexican food every single day.
74. Although my favorite foods are cereal, appetizers, and ice cream.
75. I love the smell of coffee, cigars and pipes but can’t stand the taste of coffee and I don’t smoke.
76. People who smoke and litter make me angry. Especially smokers who litter.
77. My toenails have been painted consistently since I can remember (at least 12 years old).
78. I never get bored. Ever. I have too much going on.
79. I try and take on too many projects.
80. I have anxiety. (wonder if those 2 things are related?!)
81. I played the flute in 5th grade but wish I’d learned to play the piano. Not that I can still play the flute, cause that skill died with elementary school.
82. It drives me nuts when people use words incorrectly and/or finish my sentences.
83. I used to like scary movies but I can’t tolerate them anymore.
84. The Shining scares the shit out of me.
85. I very rarely curse. And if I do it’s usually pg-13 stuff.
86. I grew up really poor. It was my father’s fault.
87. I admire my mom so much. She worked her ass off to keep us from feeling like we were poor. It worked. She went through so much and came out of it a classy, funny lady with a great sense of humor.
88. Even if we weren’t related I’d still be friends with my Mom & Papa.
89. My idea of a truly fun night is game night with my family and close friends.
90. I dream just about every night. Vivid dreams that I remember for the most part. Some are embarrassingly lovey dovey. Yet I rarely dream about my husband.
91. I don’t like chocolate (except chocolate milk & dark chocolate), cake (except cheesecake & angel food), oysters, asparagus, coffee, unsweet tea, beer, raw carrots, or capers.
92. I am obsessed with lip balm and must have some handy at all times.
93. I LOVE pedicures, massages, and facials and wish I could have them done on a regular basis.
94. I get along with just about everyone that I meet.
95. If I really like or enjoy something it’s hard for me to understand how someone else might not like it. But I try.
96. I love being Southern and have never tried to downplay my accent.
97. I am a Christian. But I don’t like fanatics who try and shove beliefs on people.
98. I’m a huge animal lover.
99. There’s nothing better than a fountain Coke over those little ice cubes like at the movies.
100. I talk an awful lot and am a social person, but I love my alone time too.
101. I LOVE the mail. I write and send cards and letters every week.
102. I love make up and all things girl. I will never understand how some girls will choose not to sparkle.
103. I adore baths but only get the time to take them occasionally. Most of the time it’s a quick shower for me.
104. I have psoriasis. It’s pretty severe on my arms and legs.
105. I love to cook but never seem to be able to come up with anything interesting to make.
106. My lucky number is 3.
107. I’ve always dreamed of going on The Price is Right and Family Feud.
108. I have decided to write a book, a memoir.
109. This scares me a bit as my family is dysfunctional to say the least, and while the truth will set you free it may also anger some people.
110. I don’t worry too much about what other people think.
111. I have horrible time management skills.
112. That tends to make me late most of the time.
113. I’ve been trying to get better at being on time.
114. I have good hair, lips, and eyes, but short squatty feet and hands and a bad case of cankles.
115. I would make a great rich person. I promise I wouldn’t spend stupid money on things like $200 t-shirts or $400 hair cuts. I’d give to charity. And I’d totally build a house on a big patch of land so I could finally have my own little goat.
116. I’ve wanted to be a mom forever.
117. I’ve been blogging since August of 2001.
118. I’ve been wanting to host a bloggy convention for years.
119. I drink at least a gallon of tea a week.
120. I’m a horrible procrastinator.
121. I’m a major night owl. Not a morning person in the least. In fact, I should be in bed right now.
123. I stopped drinking sodas a few years ago and don’t miss it.
124. CSP & I are in the process of adopting a foster child.
125. We’re all finished with the paperwork and inspections and are in the matching phase. We can’t wait to be parents!