This is Kea Li Mei Fun Redwing. Kiki. Kiki Marie. Kiki Monkey. Baby Kiki. Squeakie. Squeaks. Today I took Kiki in to the vet for a follow up visit about her eye, but I had some other concerns. Yesterday she wouldn’t eat and overnight she threw up. She was just laying there in her bed all listless and just not herself. Dr. did some blood work and Kiki tested positive for diabetes. Dr. told us that we had 2 choices: treat the diabetes that would kill her eventually, or let her go. Let her go??? We just came in for a follow up visit!!! CSP arrived from work and the vet went over everything with him. That Kiki was elderly at 11 years old. She’s slow to heal. Prone to infection. Would require insulin shots twice daily for the rest of her life. She’s already about 95% blind as is but would develop cataracts and likely never be able to see again. That it was likely she might not make it through the night and could pass there in the veterinary hospital, alone, overnight. That it was time to let her go. We talked it over. We cried. We spent time loving on our girl. I told her how much we love her, how she’s everyone’s favorite. How in heaven she’ll see so much better and she can boss everyone around again. How all the toys there have squeakers that work. How her little elbows won’t have arthritis anymore and she can run around again. How we’ll miss her like crazy and she’ll always be my first baby. She’s my BABY. I talked to her and pet her and loved her until her sweet little heart stopped beating and mine broke in two. Then we had some alone time with her and I told her all those things again, so she’ll remember. And I told her to wait for us in heaven and that we’ll meet her at the bridge one day.
- ModelCo Bronze Shimmer. Full Size. $22. I’m excited to give some bronzer a try. Added bonus is the shimmer!
- The Lip Bar Lipstick in Purple Rain. Full Size. $20. I was scared of this color when I first opened the very cool package, but after application I really like it! Especially under some gloss. It will be fun for Summer!
- Bodyography Essential Brow Trio. Full Size. $19. I’m blessed with dark brows so I’ve never used brow powder but I’m excited to try it out!
- Bodyography Brow Brush. Full Size. $19. Perfect accessory for the brow powder.
- Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish in Sunset Blvd. Full Size. $18. This is a vegan, eco friendly brand and if I didn’t already own a color that is its twin, I’d be all over it. So this will be a giveaway.
If you would like to receive fun beauty goodies in the mail like I do (and, really, who wouldn’t??) Click Here!!!
Saturday night I threw a fun Essential Oil Make & Take Spa Party! 8 of my friends came over to make bath and body products and learn about essential oils from my sister Sara. I put out some food. And some kick ass punch. I’m so mad I didn’t get a picture of it. But trust, it was awesome. Recipe: 2 bottles moscato wine, 2 bottles Sprite, 2 cans/tubes of frozen pink lemonade. Mix together, slice up a lemon or lime to float in the punch and serve. SO good. Everyone loved it. Thanks for the recipe Bonnie!
Sara arrived a half hour before everyone else to set up. She set up the table in such a cute way with trays with all our supplies we’d need. Here’s a close up of each place setting. We were able to take notes in the inside of each flier that she made. So cute! First Sara told us all about essential oils and what they are, how to use them etc. Then she passed around each of the eleven oils that come in the Premier Starter Kit from Young Living. We all smelled the oils and picked out our favorites (Stress Away!!!) Then we got to work. We made body wash, linen/room spray, and sugar scrub. Sara had made lip balms for all of us ahead of time. And at the party she made us whipped body butter. It was all so easy! And by the end of it we all smelled amazing! Check out the finished products! If you’d like to smell amazing like us and be able to make all your own bath and body products, you can sign up for the premier starter kit here.
Here’s what I received:
- Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette. Full size. $39.95. Gorgeous eyeshadow palette with 20 shades. Lots of pretty neutrals in matte and shimmer finishes.
- OFRA Derma Mineral Powder in Pink Sapphire. Full size. $35. This powder is so beautiful! I can’t wait to use it! It’s got natural sunscreen in it and can be used on face and body. It’s a pale pink shimmer! https://flic.kr/p/s7AarW
- Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil in Lavender Lite and Grape. Full size $26. Lovely colors that will go great with my skin tone!
- Coolway Smoothing Lotion. Full size. $24.95. This is a hair smoothing lotion to prevent frizz and flyaways. Smells so nice!
- Harvey Prince Mini Roller Fragrance. Mini. $21. This roller perfume smells so good and is the perfect size for my purse and travel!
Want to join in and get your own amazing BoxyCharm box?? Click here!
-Previse Nutrify Skin Type 1-6 Universal Tonic. $48. Full Size. This is a skin oil that you apply after cleaning your face. It hydrates your skin and fights free radicals. I’m really excited to try this as my skin tends to be really dry.
If you’d like to start receiving Boxycharm boxes each month click here: https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/25996/
Here’s what I received:
-Mistura Beauty Solutions C-2-P Complexion Corrector. Full Size $36 Concealer. I haven’t used a cream concealer in years since I use Bare Minerals but I love that the ingredients include coconut oil and shea butter so I’ll be giving this a try!
If you would like to start receiving BoxyCharm then click here!!!
I’m fresh off my 4th Disney cruise and my 13th cruise overall. My Cruising Tips and Tricks blog post has gotten quite a few reads so I thought I’d update my tips list with a few more tricks I’ve learned.
– Drive or fly to the port the day before your cruise. You don’t want a wreck or construction on the interstate or delayed flights to make you miss your cruise. This gives you time to decompress and run to the store if you realized you forgot something. Plus, if your port city is interesting you can explore it a little.
-Board the ship as soon as you can. You’ve paid for this cruise, you might as well be on board every minute possible! Use this time to explore the ship before the crowds and activities set in.
– The night before, if you’re cruising out of Port Canaveral, consider staying at Disney instead of a port hotel. We stayed at Art of Animation, a Disney value resort, for the same price as a standard hotel in Port Canaveral. Staying on Disney property meant we were able to extend the magic a little bit and also eat dinner at ‘Ohana in Walt Disney World.
– If you’re a soda or alcohol drinker, consider buying a soda or adult beverage package. Some cruise lines charge for soda and they can really add up. And all cruise lines charge for alcohol. There are wine, beer, soda, and cocktail packages available at multiple price points. They can really save you money!
– Try the premium restaurants on your cruise ship at least once. They often have a surcharge, but it’s nice to get away for a fine dining experience. If you can’t get a reservation before your cruise, check as soon as you board as they may have cancellations and can get you in.
-Unpack on day 1. No, it’s no fun but if you unpack now and stow those big, bulky suitcases under your bed your stateroom will feel so much larger. Speaking of making your room feel larger, spend 5 minutes each day and just tidy it up a bit. You’ll be able to find everything more easily in addition to maximizing your space.
-Pack a small container of baby powder. Sprinkle it on your sandy skin and the sand will release like magic!
-If you’re a social person and are on Facebook, join your cruise’s Facebook group. Most sailings have a Facebook group. Just go to the search bar and type in your ship’s name and sail date and your group will come up. These groups are great places to learn insider tips and get to know fellow cruisers. My cruise group for this cruise had a cocktail party meet up, a Mixology class and we organized a Fish Extender exchange. Plus it’s just fun to share in the excitement and anticipation of your upcoming cruise with other people who are literally in the same boat.
-Book your excursions through your cruise ship company. You can trust the companies they work with and most importantly, your ship won’t leave without you. Sure, it may cost a few dollars more, but peace of mind is worth it.
– If you decide to go it on your own for your excursion- do your homework. Research everything you can online, compare prices, and you’ll come out ahead. When we rented an electric car for the day in Key West I had taken a screen shot of the company’s website deal on my phone. They used it as a coupon and gave us our 3rd hour free. The people next in line renting the same car at the same time paid the same price for only 2 hours. And always, always ask for a discount. They may say no, but you may save some money!
-If you don’t mind eating breakfast on the road or in town and not on the ship, then choose Express Walk Off/ Debarkation on the last morning of your cruise. The lines will be MUCH shorter and you’ll be at your car/shuttle/airport much more quickly. You have to carry your own luggage but these days with spinner suitcases that’s a much easier feat.
– Be sure to carry lots of small bills with you on your trip. You’ll need them for many things: tipping room service waitstaff, tipping porters/ luggage handlers, tipping drivers/tour conductors, etc. You might just make someone’s day with a nice tip, and they might just make your cruise even more magical!
Hope you find these tips helpful! Happy cruising!