When my mom’s fiance Hale sold his house my mom and Hale borrowed my BIL’s truck for the week. At one point I was in it with her doing some running around. When BIL gave Mom the truck my sister tossed in the Valentine’s Jake had made for me. You know, the classic construction paper, glue and glitter kind. When the truck was returned my BIL asked my sister “Has Shanny been in my truck lately?” Why? “Cause there’s glitter EVERYWHERE.” So Sara goes out and inspects the truck and gently informs her husband that I don’t wear craft glitter! I’d look like a disco ball! He said “I don’t know what you girls do.” Well, Sara told me this story and I told Jon about it and I found out that one day not too long ago all 3 of them had a conversation about my sparklyness. Said I was doing much better. Apparently it is a sickness to sparkle. Also apparently, Sara would have to wipe down the boys after my visits cause they’d be covered in sparkles from my lip gloss and body shimmer. So I’ve been making sure to lay off the body shimmer if we’re visiting and only use plain lip balm. Nice to know my efforts are not going unnoticed. I thought it was funny though that my family would actually discuss my sparklyness intervention style!
Hi. I’m 32. Shouldn’t I be past the stage in my life where I have to worry about zits? Then why have I been harvesting those awful volcano zits lately? You know the ones, they hurt, and they never really amount to anything other than some painful lump that won’t go away for a week but you can’t pop it either. I grew one ON MY EYELID for Easter that was so heinous it threatened to obscure my vision. How do you get a zit on your eyelid?? Now I have one on my jaw that from a certain angle makes me look like I have 2 chins. This is not fair. If I’m going to have the face of a teenager then I want the body to go with it!
Yep, we kept Molly a secret. Remember when I was telling you guys about that letter I got from “Tina” and the followup conversation and all that? Well she wrote the letter when she found out through the family grapevine that we had Molly. But she didn’t know Molly was a gift. And when you are adopting and everyone and their brother has opinions on how you should spend your money, extra vet bills don’t make the grade. But Jon really wanted Molly and he never asks for a thing. Plus, how we spend our money is our business and I have to quit worrying about what other people think. He said it would help with the wait we’re dealing with bringing our girls home. And you know what? He was right. It’s nice having another little baby around the house. Now, you asked for more pictures so here we go!
This is when Molly found her bark:
Video Hosting – Upload Video – Photo Sharing
When Molly drinks out of the water bowls, she stands in one to get to another. She loves to ride in the car:And she loves tearing around the yard:This is Molly with my sister’s dog Ally:
I take a ton of pictures so more will come for sure!
I would like to introduce you to our newest family member: Molly. Jon has wanted a little black pug forever. This being the year of the dog, his parents thought Molly would be an appropriate gift. This first picture was when we met her on Feb. 2nd. She was born on Jan 18. We were able to bring her home on March 13th. Jon instantly fell in love. She was so teeny he didn’t want me to blog about her, or include her on our St. Patty’s day cards just in case something went wrong. But she’s a fighter! When she came home she weighed 2.62 lbs. Now she’s up to 5lbs. Here she is meeting Ike & Kea for the first time. Jake adores her: And of course so do we! Now we have one of each flavor- vanilla (Kea), Caramel (Ike) and Chocolate (Molly). Oh, and her full name? You know with Ike Jit-Boo Kung Pao and Kea Li Mei Fun, she’d have a funky one. I let Jon have full naming rights cause this is his baby. So I present to you….Molly Xavier MuShu
My husband is a food camel. I do not understand his behavior. He will wake up the morning after a big meal and I’ll ask if he wants breakfast and he’ll say “No, I’m still full from last night.” Wha? When I wake up I need breakfast, whether we ate dinner at 6pm or 10pm. But Jon apparently has meal reserves. Boys are so weird!
The Party Lite party went really well! Shannon did a fabulous job and bonus- I got to meet Alfred’s Mom .AM is way cute and fun. And not once did I think about killing her. Her husband was so worried she’d be murdered as soon as she stepped through my door. Bless his heart. I just don’t have the time and energy to blog for over 4 years on the off chance AM would read my blog, come to my house so I could kill her.
Now, it is not too late for those of you who couldn’t come and would still like to place an order! Here’s what you need to do:
1. Click Here
2. Enter password: ELX4
3. Click on PartyLite Products (at the top). From there, you can view the
When you find exactly what you would like to order, just email me and we’ll take care of the rest!
Sunday PL Shannon and I went to the Apple store. She’s been needing a new computer- esp with this new PL venture and I talked her into a Mac. We parked and had to walk through Dillards to get to the Apple store and lo and behold as soon as we walked in there was the Croc display. They had the Athens flip flops for sale finally. Unless I have to get dressed up, I wear flip flops exclusively from March-October (November if it is warm enough). I tried a pair on and that was it. So I went home with these:
They are by far the most comfortable flip flops I have ever worn. I will not be returning to Old Navy for my summer footwear any longer. So sorry O.N.
Anyway, we made it to the Apple store and a very cute Apple man walked Shannon through her purchase. We went to her house and got her hooked up and she fell in love. So did I. My eMac is now about 1.5 years old and since then Apple has hooked up with Intel. Shannon’s Mac Mini is so freakin fast. She couldn’t get over all the things you can do with a Mac and was so pleased with her purchase. I was too cause I would have hated it if she spent all that money on my suggestion and hated it!
But you know what they say, once you go Mac, you never go back!
Tomorrow night I’m hosting a Party Lite party at my house. So if you’ll be in the Carolinas and wanna stop by, email me for directions! Shannon is the consultant and this will be her first party. I’m so excited for her as she’ll be able to raise money for her adoption through Party Lite sales. If you’d like to make a purchase and can’t make it to my house, you can browse the catalog online
and email either me or Shannon with your order. I wouldn’t pimp out anything I don’t believe in. These candles burn clean with no soot or leftover wax you’d have to scrape out of your candle holder. And for all of you adopting from China like us, they have an Asian inspired section. I’d been wanting to put a little Asian flair in my house without looking like I was trying to hard, and I didn’t want it to be cheesy. I saw this bamboo sconce and I paired it with a Chinese coin from World Market.
When you light the tealight in the sconce it throws cool shadows on the wall. Ok, gotta go get ready for this party, no more time to be your personal shopper! Hop to it and check out that catalog!
I’ve been tagged by Karen to list 6 weird things about me. Only 6?
- I can not stand the sound of teeth grinding, or teeth screeching across a fork or anything else metal. Would rather lose a limb than have to hear that all day.
- I’m a tactile person. So everywhere we go I have to touch stuff. Can NOT keep my hands to my sides. Especially if there are bins of things like coffee beans or anything I can sink my whole hand into.
- I’m obsessed with the mail. Jon is not allowed to check the mail because he might throw something out. If we don’t get mail one day it bums me out. And circulars don’t count as good mail but catalogs do. The best is if there’s a large envelope or package. Swoon.
- Zits drive me insane. It boggles my mind that someone would walk around with a mighty whitehead and not get it. Jon will on occasion let me get something, but he’s a big baby so most times he’ll run and do it himself. One of my relatives has been letting this giant blackhead right around on their cheek for the last 7 years. Every time we see this person it is all I can do to keep myself from tackling him/her and taking care of business.
- I can fall asleep in a matter of seconds, but I have to have my eye mask and ear plugs, and preferably the sound machine on, oh, and a ceiling fan running, and water nearby to drink. Who knew someone could be so high maintenance while asleep?
- I’m a beauty product whore and love anything sparkly. I would never apply to something like survivor because I know I’d run out of lip balm and things would get ugly. I must at all times have lip balm and hand lotion within easy reach. I have lip balm & lotion planted like land mines all through my house & car. Once when we were dating Jon picked me up for a movie- Saving Private Ryan. A 3 hour event. I realized with only 20 minutes before the movie started that I didn’t have my lip balm (oh, and lip stick doesn’t count. Not the same moisturizing quality). So we literally ran for the next 30 minutes through the mall til I could find lip balm. Had to pay $5 for a Hello Kitty lip balm necklace, but it was worth it.
Ok, I’m done. I tag….Ani, Lisa, Shannon H, Alfred’s Mom, Susan, and anyone else who’s game! Be sure to leave a comment here if you’re playing along so I can come read!