the good friday five
1. If you could eat dinner with and “get to know” one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose? that’s a really tough one and i think the answer would change regularly. right now i think dinner at the osbourne’s would be awfully fun.
2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel? i was really shocked and saddened by princess diana’s death. when i was just a wee child i watched her get married and then a few years later i visited london. i’d always really liked her. she always seemed so elegant and gracious.
3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose? madonna
4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who? people used to tell me that i look like victoria jackson from saturday night live (the blonde from way back), and i’ve heard i look like jennifer tilly. but mostly i look like your friend’s cousin’s girlfriend.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? i had dinner 2 tables over from dixie carter a few years ago but we never actually met. i guess that’s as close as i’ve ever come to meeting a celebrity.
thanks to heather
i haven’t watched south park in a long time, but the husband and i caught it last night and it was a riot! but we were totally confused as to where kenny was. so i went to comedycentral.com to investigate. i can’t believe they killed him for good! he’s not even in the opening song anymore. poor kenny.
on a lighter note…we also watched good eats- we love alton brown. he was all about tea last night. and we caught greg the bunny. so funny!
well, i’ve finally finished our honeymoon scrapbook. i finished it the other night. i’m so glad to have that done. i mean we have been married for a year now. now i can get started scrapping year 2001. jeez, i’m so behind. i need to catch up so i’m not always a year behind. i’ve also picked up my afghan that i’ve been working on for the last 2 years!! ok- not 2 years every day or anything, just when the mood would strike. it obviously wasn’t striking very often! i’m only about a third of the way finished. by the time i’m done my 1st grandchild can take it to college!
i got my $10 3 pack of bags from yak pak. i got the same 3 bags jenny did. they are pretty good for $10. the fanny pack is HUGE, and there was this “apartment bag”, and a little tiny pink bag. not too sure what the apartment bag is supposed to be. but i’m pretty happy with what i got.
had training all day today at work. then jon and i went to dinner at monterrey for mexican. now he’s got the itch to go to krispy kreme.
friday night was date night
we had a big time. we went to dinner at qdoba then milled about in a cool garden store. had coffee & hot chocolate (for me, i’m not a coffee girl) & a cannoli at dean and deluca. then we went to see the count of monte cristo with our free passes. nice cheapo phillipo date. we had fun. oh- and we checked out the pottery shop over there at stonecrest called what a dish. nice selection, but they charge a $6/hr studio fee. too pricey for my blood. i’ll stick with meg art. i still have a gift cert from christmas to use there.
how cute is this rabbit??
i woke up at 5 am this morning because my head hurt so much. you know it’s bad when you wake up to hurt. i took an imitrex and it didn’t help. i took another one at 7:30. didn’t help. i just want one day where it doesn’t hurt. i can’t believe i’m looking forward to a cat scan so much!
74th Annual Academy Awards
everyone’s talking about the oscars today. we tried but just couldn’t stay up past 10. but i’m happy with the results. i still need to see all the movies that were nominated though. my opinion could change after that. i’m hearing conflicting opinions on a beautiful mind. i just don’t like russell crowe. ick.
i’m looking for a night light. i saw it once at this cool shop in blowing rock, nc and i should have bought it then. it’s silver with blue inset that glows when the light is on. it’s in the shape of the eiffel tower. i can’t find one online anywhere. the same line of nightlights also includes a tv, spaceship, fishbowl, etc. does anyone know where i can find this?
good deal of the day
i took a cue from jenny and signed up for my $10 sample bak pack at yakpak. you get 3 bags for $10. you can’t beat that with a bat.
ikea trip update
again, i’m beside myself i’m so excited. our list is growing. we’re going the weekend of april 13th & 14th which will be awesome because it’s at the tail end of tax season so i’ll need a break. who knew i’d be so excited to go to some furniture store? but every time i look at the catalog i see something else i want. i just can’t wait!